Greetings Gentle Readers!
I have been thinking about the Trayvon Martin murder and the Zimmerman trial for a while and have a few thoughts that were too many to put on Facebook....
First thought is that is a tragedy for all involved......no one benefitted from Trayvon's murder, except for the media and political extremists who use this "event" to pursue their own political agendas.....notable, in using this tragedy for their own agenda, is of course, our prez....who added fuel to the anti-Zimmerman fire with his comment about if he had a son, he would look like Trayvon.....notice he didn't add...."act like Trayvon"!!!!
But Trayvon is dead and for no other reason than being the wrong color in the wrong place at the wrong time.....So the natural reaction of all of us......somebody is responsible for his death and they must be punished!!! He was SHOT and died from being shot!!! Let's get the SOB who did this.......
But nothing is simple, Gentle Readers.....nothing from who was responsible for starting a war, who was responsible for the death of JC, is it ok for "our" government to spy on us to keep us "safe" from terrorists??? I suspect that even "Billy the Kid" had reasons for murdering the 21 (I think that number is correct) people in his 21 years.
I was not in the courtroom where Zimmerman was tried. I did not hear the evidence. I do know that originally, Zimmerman was not going to be charged with a crime until enough political pressure made it so and then, the jury came back with the same result as did the local DA's office that Zimmerman was not guilty of murder......he was guilty of doing something that was not acceptable politically, but not guilty of murder.......manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter.....maybe.....
I am not trying to defend Zimmerman who looks like a brain dead moron, or as the prosecution claimed, a "wannabe" cop.....but just that.......this was a horrible tragedy I wish hadn't happened.
Now the NAACP wants the Justice Department to charge Zimmerman with depriving Trayvon of his civil rights.....Zimmerman did so!!! Trayvon is now deprived forever of his civil rights!! But Zimmerman has been tried and found "not guilty"....not innocent!! but not guilty. I think it is time to say enough and get on with things. I'm sorry Trayvon will not become an adult, will not become a father....that he is dead. But the more I think of this, the more I consider it a tragedy.....in every sense of the word that tragedy means....I wish it hadn't happened......and don't know of anyway to make the tragedy mean something. Zimmerman has been brought to trial.....Zimmerman's life is ruined as well and he must take care of his own safety lest some militant kill him....a tragedy.
Comments always welcomed.
No comments:
Post a Comment